A Certain Breeder's Blog who started loving Monster Hunter.


Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Videogame Dioramas

The chocobo it's a little chick, cute.
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories. In stone, his tempered skill. By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told. SQUARE ENIX PRESENTS The 'Zodiac Brave Story'

I played FFT a long time ago and replayed FFT-War of the Lions on my PSP like a year ago one of my long time favorite games having a strong story, internal conflict, well written dialog, believable characters, beautiful dioramas as the battle zone along with character design. I know it's a Yasumi Matsuno game I admire him a great deal for this.

Now let's talk dioramas, Matsuno needed a game to run at 60fps constantly through the game in order to improve the player experience and this was the PSX in 1997 so some compromises had to be made: the maps cannot be large and the summons animations cannot be too fancy but even with this limitations they delivered a wonderfully crafted game.

The game it's very very old and you may think people had forgotten it, but the answer its: "no", just a few years back I started watching people making art and dioramas with the characters and selling it online to my surprise some were buying them!.

This one sold faster than ice melts on the dessert.
There are a lot of talented people out there using their time to pay homage to great games and selling their work as a way of living, maybe I will try to make something similar even if it does not looks that cool at the beginning.

This was not a FFT (only) post, I was talking in dioramas in general as a way to pay tribute to a game that really managed to catch your attention and by the end of it you cant help but feel good when talking about it, take a look at how Adam from zero makes its own diorama of Link vs a Lynel on a 1 vs 1 open field battle.


Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

About XYFrontier

A blog born from the love of Pokémon XY, I made a lot of breeding so I posted it all here for everyone. I visited Japan and liked it so much I came back to keep posting about games and anime.

Translate

Hype Trailer!

Dante Gaming